Friday, June 1, 2007

GTK Themes

I was recently alarmed to discover that my preferred IM client, Gaim, had been renamed to Pidgin and updated and nobody had told me. So I installed the new version and was suitably disoriented by the removal of protocol-specific icons. I see from their website that this is part of their approach to transparency of multi-protocol IM.

At any rate, I found myself somewhat dissatisfied with the default GTK skins. So to save anybody else the Googling and hunting I went through here's how you do it on Windows:
  • You can download new themes for GTK from here: http://art.gnome.org/themes/gtk2/
  • Unzip the theme you have chosen and copy it to C:\Program Files\Common Files\GTK\2.0\share\themes
  • Select the theme using the GTK+ Theme Selector that was probably added to your Start Menu.

2 comments:

Hafsabeen said...

THANK you.

DJ ToS said...

I'm very thankfull for this info.